Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2

I'll be honest-I love doing the Christmas jar and I love spending this time with my boys counting down to Christmas. But this year is much different than last year. Last year I only had one kid and no job. This year I'm running my own business and have two kids. So I'm very busy compared to last year when I was bored. Last night, I debated about not drawing from the jar because I have a party tonight and a seminar all weekend long. But I've committed to doing this everyday and so we drew from the jar. Of course I'm so glad that we did because today's activity is extra special.

Pick out a toy and give it to Toys for Tots

We really want to teach the boys about giving especially now that the oldest knows about Santa and knows what he wants for Christmas. This was a very rewarding and challenging one. I explained to him about giving and the talk went well. He got a little distracted by what he wanted Santa to bring him. But we stayed on track and he found a game to give. The hardest part for him was leaving the store without the gift. He wanted that game so bad, but I gave him a good talk and told him how proud I was of him. He may not understand exactly what he did today, but I do and I'm so proud of him.

Looking through the toys at Target.

Showing off the game we bought.

Finding the Toys for Tots box (looking at some other toys that he wanted Santa to bring him)
.
The hardest part for an almost 3 year old-giving the game away

2 comments: